Diploma and Graduation FAQs

Can I transfer credits from a homeschool portfolio or from standardized exams?

In general, students can apply public school credits or earned credits for homeschool work toward their graduation requirements at Pikes Peak Online School (PPOS). Students who enroll with a transcript or a homeschool portfolio will speak with a PPOS placement coordinator who will evaluate satisfactory completion of the documented work as it relates to PPOS standards.

Who issues the diploma?

Graduating students receive a diploma issued by PPOS.

Can my child apply to college after graduating from PPOS?

Absolutely. When your child graduates, they’ll earn a valid diploma issued by PPOS, a state-approved public school. They’ll also receive all the records required for the college application process:

  • Valid transcripts
  • Public school SAT/ACT scores
  • Teacher recommendations
  • School extracurricular activities
  • A student portfolio and culminating project

Colleges and universities have begun to appreciate that independent study programs such as PPOS often do a better job preparing students for college because of the important time management and individual responsibility skills they impart. Students from programs such as PPOS often transition to college more readily than many of their counterparts.